THOSE BLEEDING RADIATORS!
Bleeding is key!
Did you know you can save a call out charge, solve a problem and lose wearing an extra layer in bed with just one little tool?
If your radiators are cold at the top but warm at the bottom just follow these simple steps:
- Get yourself a radiator key from a plumbers merchants or DIY store like B&Q (other DIY stores do exist)
- Turn off your central heating
- Look to the top of your radiators that are affected for a small valve
- Place a towel or rag just below the valve to catch any water that may dribble/escape
- Attach the radiator key to the valve and very slowly turn anti-clockwise a quarter of a turn
- When the air has been released and water appears to be running smoothly (not too much water just enough to recognise that it’s at the top of the radiator)
- Turn the radiator key clockwise to tighten the valve
- Switch your central heating back on
Now your radiators should be warming up as they should.
IF YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM, YOU CAN SIMPLY CALL US.
Leeds Boiler Company
Leeds Boiler COMPANY
t: 0113 80 567 83
WE’RE HERE WHEN YOU NEED US.
Need assistance? Want to speak with us?
Call us today on 0113 80 567 83
Alternatively message us through our contact form, or message us on social media for an instant response 7 days-a-week.
Are you an existing customer of iPlumb? Have you managed to find time out of your day to click through and leave us a review on Google or Facebook? Reviews help us to build a great reputation online which enables future customers to trust us when looking for a gas fitter in Leeds and throughout Yorkshire.